Subject: Re: [lojban] how can i help lojban? what can $ do?

From: Michal Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 00:04:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:

> Yes, thousands. And depending on preorders, LLG might have to sell
> a 300 page book at $20+ to break even reasonably soon (we took 4
> years to hit 300 books with the refgrammar).

Wow.. I guess I just hadn't done the math.

There is one other option I know of that you might be interested
in.. It's a small subsidiary/spinoff/something of random house called
xlibris ( http://www.xlibris.com/ ) If I read their faq right, they
basically handle the sales, fill and ship orders, and split the
royalties with you. They have some kind of print-on-demand technology
so you never have to buy boxes of books. The basic service is
$200. That's all I know about them, but it might be worth a look.

Cheers,

- Michal
----------------------------------------------------------------------
let me host you! http://www.sabren.com me: http://www.sabren.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------