Subject: Re: [lojban] how can i help lojban? what can $ do?

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 22:34:36 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Michal Wallace wrote:

> There is one other option I know of that you might be interested
> in.. It's a small subsidiary/spinoff/something of random house called
> xlibris ( http://www.xlibris.com/ ) If I read their faq right, they
> basically handle the sales, fill and ship orders, and split the
> royalties with you. They have some kind of print-on-demand technology
> so you never have to buy boxes of books. The basic service is
> $200. That's all I know about them, but it might be worth a look.

Xlibris looks pretty good. The main thing likely to be a problem is that
they limit you to a very small number of tables. Looks like maybe 10
tables for the most expensive service.

There are a lot of features that seem as though they could be pretty
helpful. ISBN/LOC numbers, distribution via online booksellers, etc, and
you can get trade paperback _and_ hardcover copies.

Paperbacks look to be $16, and hardcover books are $25, I can't find
anything about page counts, though. (Though for a $16 paperback, they
could easily print a few thousand pages.)

Oh, and those prices include royalties which are sent to the author.

Importantly, the agreement with Xlibris is non-exclusive, allowing you to
do whatever else you want with the book.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>