Subject: Re: [lojban] how can i help lojban? what can $ do?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 04:58:26 -0400

At 01:44 PM 07/21/2001 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 02:30:35PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> > A lot of the problem comes down to my own personal foibles and
> > limitations. If I had a little better self-discipline, things would
> > be a lot better. If I could keep my interest level up working on such
> > things rather than writing dictionaries and translating the Arabian
> > Nights into Lojban, they probably would get done. As it is, I have
> > lots of situational handicaps interfering with getting stuff done,
> > compounded with an anxiety streak whenever I face up to the magnitude
> > of undone paperwork.
>
>And yet you've still done a huge amount of work over the years.
>
>Don't be so hard on yourself.

It is associated with the time of year, as I look forward to facing my 
annual carpet-calling for all the things that I haven't done, and I face 
the members of LLG again telling me that I shouldn't work on any of the fun 
projects because they are lower priority than all the other stuff that 
needs to get done.

At the moment, Nick is unhappy with me for some things I haven't done for 
his project (things that the membership last year said I shouldn't do - I 
was banned from working on the package 0 effort), some book orderers are 
unhappy because their books haven't arrived or because they have bad pages 
that I haven't replaced, and I was recently reminded about the dictionary 
and textbook that I promised would be out in a "couple of months" back in 
1989. Meanwhile JL and LK have not come out in over 7 years.

I know I've done a lot, but I also know that I've let a lot of people down.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org