Subject: Length competition (Re: from the classics)

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

Btw, PC, now that I get the joke, I think it would be both paedagogically
and Lojbanically appropriate if you inserted the 'I sense that...'
evidential as each animal does his hydroscopic analysis of the river.
Anything we can do to tie the inferences together that natural language
just leaves implicit is good.

It's your piece, not truly archival (I thought 'from the classics' meant
you dug this up from Lojban List while I was away), correct? In which
case, there were a couple of stylistic (not grammatical) thinks I didn't
like; if I get time (hmpf) I'll get back to you.

-- 
/||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||\
| "One must first know that traditionally a Japanese bus has carried not ||
| only a driver but one or more young girls who stand in the aisles and ||
| sell tickets, announce stops, and in general console the passengers for||
| the inadequacies and discomforts of this transient world." \
| --- Roy Andrew Miller, _The Japanese Language_, p. 251 \
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
\[email-masked]|||||||Transient Passenger||||||Nick Nicholas||||||||||
==\||||||||||||www.opoudjis.net||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/
()() ()() ()()