Subject: Re: [lojban] love at first sight..

From: Elrond <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:05:34 +0200

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:43:23 "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> >b: tu'a mi nanca li rebi {the phrasebook said this is bad translation?}
> 
> Not bad, just unnecessarily clumsy in my opinion.

I confess, I did make this translation and marked it as "bad". Please
remind me how to speak about ages, both in a vague/familiar/short fashion,
and a more precise/logical/grammatical one.

For the precise (though very clumsy) I would say:
le nanca be li rebi cu ni purci fa le nu mi jbena

I find "tu'a mi nanca li rebi" to be both compliant to my idea of a
"lojbanic style" and to usual criterias of shortness, but indeed I also
feel it is clumsy.

Would you mind suggesting something better ?

(I know, I know, I'm sure the issue has been raised many times, but I just
can't find the last time it was in the archives)

co'o mi'e rafael

-- 
Linux is for people who hate Windows, BSD is for people who love Unix.