Subject: Re: [lojban] love at first sight..

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:54:29

la rafael cusku di'e

>I confess, I did make this translation and marked it as "bad". Please
>remind me how to speak about ages, both in a vague/familiar/short fashion,
>and a more precise/logical/grammatical one.

{mi nanca li civo} is logical/grammatical/short. For
more precision you might say for example {le temci be
le nu mi jbena kei bei le cabna cu nanca li civo}.

>For the precise (though very clumsy) I would say:
>le nanca be li rebi cu ni purci fa le nu mi jbena

I'm not sure exactly what {ni} means, so I can't say how
precise that is. Is {le ni da purci de} the same as {le temci
be da bei de}?

>I find "tu'a mi nanca li rebi" to be both compliant to my idea of a
>"lojbanic style" and to usual criterias of shortness, but indeed I also
>feel it is clumsy.

I'm just not too keen on that {tu'a}.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp