Subject: RE: [lojban] On a number of parts of threads and single threads disguised as several

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:37:29 +0100

This issue comes up every 18 months or so.

Robin:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 09:17:31PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> > b) turning off new people who don't generally understand the esoteric 
> > nature of the discussion (and sometimes convincing them that the language 
> > isn't really "done" and hence ready for someone to learn).
> 
> <AOL> I agree. </AOL>

(AOL?)

> The one (1) person in my lojban classes that tried reading the list left
> almost instantly for this reason. I have had about 6 students so far.

The reason why Lojban List remains a single list (not counting Jbosnu), 
rather than lojban list + lojban-tech, is that Lojbab is opposed to
splitting the list. His preferences appear to be (1) technical discussion
doesn't happen, (2) it happens on Lojban list, (3) it happens on Lojban-tech
list. (1) is unreasonable, so it is down to Lojbab that we have (2) rather
than (3).

--And.