Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Editorial comment

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:14:56 +0100

Adam Raizen:
> la and cusku di'e
> 
> > For example, to take an example raised by Jorge long ago,
> > does {le (ci) prenu viska vo'a}, does this mean that each person
> sees each
> > person (A sees A, B, C, B sees A, B, C, etc.) or does it mean that
> each
> > person sees themself?
> 
> I think it means that each person sees themself. "ci da poi prenu cu
> viska vo'a" would be the same as "ci da poi prenu cu viska da", since
> I have no idea what else vo'a might refer to, > and so likewise with the
> "le" form. 

I agree with you. There is no official answer, though. Which means
there is no answer until Usage has Decided.

> Each person seeing each person could be expressed as "le'i
> ci prenu cu visysi'u", perhaps.

This is not satisfactory. We want a generalizable method, not one
that relies on changing the selbri.

Something like:

le ci prenu ku goi ko'a viska ro ko'a

while "ci da poi prenu cu viska vo'a" would be equivalent to

le ci prenu goi ko'a viska (ro) ko'a

--And.

[OFFTOPIC: p.s. Adam: do you POP your newmail.net account, or read it 
on the web? I used to have one & found it popped intolerably slowly, 
so stopped using it. Bitter experience has led me to believe that 
there is no such thing as web-based mail that has sufficiently fast 
poppability and sufficiently large storage quota for it to be used as 
a primary mail account. If things have improved in the last year or 
so, I'd like know.]