Subject: Re: how can i help lojban? what can $ do?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 02:43:38 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., "And Rosta" <a.rosta@d...> wrote:
> > From: thinkit8@l... [mailto:thinkit8@l...]
> > anyways, lojban is one of the only things i ever thought to 
donate 
> > money to (i don't even tip). so if you ever see a huge donation, 
it 
> > might be me. i floated the $10-million dollar value out but even 
> > that seems small. what's more important--lojban or social 
security? 
> > and social security dwarfs $10 million.
> 
> This is not a very important point to discuss, but I am nonetheless
> wondering: The above seems to imply that lojban is more important
> than social security; but it seems incredible to me that anyone
> sane enough to be a lojbanophile could believe that. Did I 
misunderstand
> the point that was being made?
> 
> --And.

well, i'm giving the libertarian viewpoint. if we didn't have to pay 
social security, we'd certainly have more money to donate to useful 
causes like lojban.