Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: rupnu

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:32:53

la and cusku di'e

>How does one talk about measurement units, lengths, monetary
>values, etc. in the abstract? That has, how does one talk
>about the length 2 metres, as opposed to about things that
>are 2 metres in length, in the way that one can talk not
>only about remei but also about li re? There must be a
>well-known answer to this, but I don't know it, and I
>can only think of {ka ce'u mitre/rupnu li re} = "2
>metres/quid", on the presumption that {li re} = {ka
>ce'u re mei}.

Sounds right, but what would you say about them?
{le ka ce'u mitre li re} can be used for example in:

ti ta dunli le ka ce'u mitre li re
This equals that in their 2 meter length.

ti ta frica le ka ce'u mitre makau
This differs from that in their length.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp