Subject: LogFest news

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:30:01 -0400

Sorry not to have been in touch, but this Logfest has been plagued by 
incidental crises, including a leak in my propane tank discovered the day 
before LogFest started, a leak in my internal plumbing that nearly shut 
down my house (turned out to be a slow leak that can wait until Monday, 
thank God), and then my Windows system going belly up in the middle of 
LogFest so that we could not get on line. Robin Powell gets commended for 
staying up all not and rebuilding my Windows system enough that I could 
send this message, but things may be in a sorry state for a few weeks. No 
Lojban project material was lost.

Most people have now left, though Nick Nicholas will be here for another 
day. I think people will be moderately happy with the results, when I have 
more time to write them up.

Finally, xod DID succeed in making it through the full two days here 
speaking only Lojban, and many others took up the more limited challenge of 
conversing with him in the language. Lojban definitely works! Our 
compliments to xod; may there be more like him next year, now that we know 
it can be done.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org