Subject: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 22:54:17 -0400

LogFest concluded with the departure of Nick Nicholas at 830 this 
evening. Unlike previous years, we already have draft minutes of the 
meeting, which I hope to post within a few days to members, and perhaps to 
the list (they will eventually go on the Lojban web page).

Last year, several new voting members were added by invitation, but we were 
slow about actually issuing the invitations. 3 members were added from 
among the attendees (Ethan Fremen, Jake Berglund, and David Crowell who 
attended again this year), and 5 by invitation, all of whom accepted this 
month and attended by proxy: (Ivan Derzhanski, Arnt Johansen, And Rosta, 
Robin Turner and Yevgueni Sklyanin).

This year Xod and Robin Powell were added as voting members. Colin Fine 
sent in his resignation as a voting member because he felt that he could 
not give due diligence to LLG affairs, but this resignation was not 
received before the meeting due to my computer failure).

The Board of Directors and officers for LLG for the next year is:

Bob LeChevalier President
John Cowan Vice President
Nora LeChevalier Secretary/Treasurer
Shawn Lasseter
John Clifford (pc)
Nick Nicholas

LogFest 2002 has had a preliminary date set for the last weekend of July in 
2002 - no one actually looked up the date, which we intend to confirm 
before the end of the year so that people can better plan ahead who wish to 
attend.

Total attendance at LogFest was a little smaller this year than last year, 
with Robin Powell the only person who had never attended before. As I've 
noted already, the high point was xod's successful display of Lojban's 
capabilities by participating in the entire LogFest weekend speaking only 
Lojban.

Much attention was given to Nick's books and other net based activity, 
although highest priority was set on making current our snail mailing list 
data base, and resuming communications with Lojbanists who are not in 
contact with us through Lojban List, many of whom may not be on the net at 
all. Resuming publication of our newsletter and journal should follow 
shortly thereafter.

A plan now exists to start documenting discussions of issues on the net in 
a more formal fashion, and recording these on the web. The concept is 
based on pc's "RECORD" messages of prior years, but will be more 
formalized, and have content similar to what John Cowan used in documenting 
change proposals to the grammar before baselining. Issues will be resolved 
using the baseline language where possible, but when appropriate, changes 
which might be considered if the baseline freeze ended, including 
experimental cmavo, will be listed in a separate section (without 
approval). RECORDS would probably be published in Ju'i Lobypli if appropriate.

There will be an Lojban announcements-only mailing list for people who 
don't find time to read the full list traffic and therefore miss 
messages. We will try to have Lojban List subscribed as a list to this new 
list, so that announcements go automatically to list members without you 
having to sign up twice. But if you don't read most of Lojban List and 
want to make sure you see the announcements, you might subscribe separately 
when it is set up.

Robin Powell will also be setting up a mailing list for voting members of 
LLG who are online, separate from other lists, so that members can 
communicate on organizational issues without having to have me as a bottleneck.

lojban.org will be moved to Robin's machine where we will have more space, 
and will eliminate the high cost of our current web hosting. Robin being 
more capable at this sort of thing than I am, will also be working on 
improvements to the main web site, and ideas and requests for such 
improvements are now in order for discussion on Lojban List. lojban.com 
has also been purchased and donated to us, and will be linked to the main 
web page. One thing that will definitely be added is a page supporting 
efforts at having Lojban adopted as an inter-language for the European 
patent system, which support has been approved at two annual meetings but 
never publicized.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org