Subject: Re: [lojban] Speaking Lojban

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:39:17 -0400 (EDT)

On 31 Jul 2001, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> I had been practicing mostly the attitudinals, so if you recall I had more
> trouble with gismu than you, but I think I did a lot of compressing bridi
> (and whole jufra) down to attitudinals. And we managed to have a decent
> discussion in Lojban with whole jufra as well. Still, you're right. We
> were making extremely deeply-nested sentences about {mi jinvi le nu do
> xusra le nu...} where a few well-placed attitudinals would have done the
> trick (pe'i, etc).

Thank you for speaking up! I had written that summary without the benefit
of proper sleep so I forgot to mention the good discussion you, Nora, and
I had, all in Lojban, concerning "va'o" vs. "ganai gi" as a translation
for "if, then". It ended in agreement, too!

.i'i .e'o ko ca'o casnu vecu'u dei

-----
We do not like And if a cat
those Rs and Ds, needed a hat?
Who can't resist Free enterprise
more subsidies. is there for that!