Subject: printable dictionary!

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:54:53 -0600 (MDT)

I've now got a mostly feature-complete PDF (and thus printable) version of
the jbovlaste dictionary prepared.

It contains two sections, Lojban->English and English->Lojban. The data is
produced from the current test jbovlaste database via an arcane
combination of SQL, Perl and LaTeX. The SQL database itself is loaded from
the gismu, cmavo, lujvo and rafsi wordlists, with portions of the
ENGDICT.gis file.

It is 187 US letter sized pages long, but the margins are still
significantly larger than they ought to be in a dictionary.

The dictionary PDF itself is available from:
http://miranda.org/~jkominek/lojban/dictionary.pdf

The jbovlaste web site:
http://miranda.org:8081/jbovlaste/
(Trailing slash is important due to oddities in the setup related to its
temporary nature.)

I welcome suggestions on how to improve the formatting of the dictionary,
or the usability of the web site.

(It looks absolutely lovely printed on a quality PostScript printer, IMO.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>