Subject: RE: the house that Jack built

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 04:33:11 EDT

I came across this in the archives, with no apparent follow-up. I remember a 
Loglan version in two patterns, expanded - {poi}s - and involuted - tanru; 
anyone up to doing either or both in Lojban?

<Coi le tavla be fo la lojban..i la greg. cmene mi .i xabju la suis. .i 
nanla paze.

And that's about as far as I'll go in lojban this time (was most of it 
right?). I've only been studying lojban for a week. I was wanting to 
translate a children's stoy which goes something in the lines of : 
&quot;this is the house that jack built, this is the malt that lay in the 
house that jack built, this is the rat that ate the malt that lay in 
the house that jack built. etc.&quot; I got no further than the first 
sentence. Here are various possibilities:

la djak. zbasu le dinju

&quot;jack built the house&quot; (it is a building, as jack seems to have no 
intention of living it)

le dinju co se zbasu la djak.
le dinju co se zbasu be la djak.
le zbasu be la djak dinju
le dinju poi la djak. zbasu (is there confusion that the house may have 
built jack here?)
le dinju poi la djak. ke'a zbasu

at least two of these must mean &quot;The house that jack built&quot; (as 
atitle 
for the story). Of those that are right, which is the most appropriate?

ti zbasu be la djak. dinju 
le ti dinju poi la jack. zbasu
ti dinju co se zbasu be la djak.

Again I'm confused ; what I'm trying to say is: &quot;this is the house that 
jack built.&quot;>