Subject: RE: [lojban] commands

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:55:05 -0400

>> But we still can't do constructions with it like 'let's go.' It's not a
>> command to allow us to go, but rather a command directed at multiple
people,
>> including the speaker. Compare it less to 'allow us to go' and more to
>> Spanish 'vamonos' which is in the imperative.

>doi mi'o ko klama

>doi assigns the value of do, and ko=do with a funny hat on, as I
>understand it.

Gosh, I'm stuck in English here. That's so totally lojbanic that I never
would have thought of it.

>> >There are other catagories of cmavo available for experimentation,
aren't
>> >there? If so, at least use something that resembles the other relevent
>> >pro-sumti. (ko'oi or something)
>>
>> xu'a would function like xu but making commands rather than questions, so
it
>> sounds like xu. But ko'oi works also.

>xu'a makes slightly more sense, then.

>However, it leaves who is supposed to do what, unspecified.

>xu'a mi'a daxri do

>^ Who am I commanding to what?

>Is that, "Hold still so we can beat you!"?

>or, "Everybody, kick his ass!"?

The command is addressed toward 'do,' it's just that not all sentences have
do in them. xu'a mi'a darxi do, therefore is the same as mi'a darxi ko, so
it's 'be hit by us!' 'Everybody hit him' would be 'xu'a ma'a darxi ko'a' or,
as you suggested, 'doi mi'o darxi ko'a'