Subject: RE: [lojban] From the Wiki: Prince Edward's Island

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 00:38:31 +0100

Nick:
> How do you name this Canadian province? "I'll tell ya folks, it's harder
> than it looks", to quote AC/DC. I've included some suggestions; what do
> you all think?
> 
> *[jecrprinseduarda] i va'i le daplu pe la prins.eduard. .i va'i le daplu
> pe la .eduard. noi noltrube'a .i va'i le daplu pe la noltrubes. .eduard.
> ''(Prince Edward Island)''
> 
> I avoided using {me'e}, but that's in the game as well...

I myself would go for {lai daplu noltrube'a eduard} or {lai pe noltrube'a
eduard ge'u daplu} or {loi noltrube'a zei eduard zei daplu}.

But more importantly, naming and translation issues like these seem to me
more a cultural issue than a linguistic one, so there shouldn't be a
Right Answer (tho my suggestions, if ungrammatical, could be Wrong
Answers).

--And.