Subject: Give Nick more work ;-( -- Mini-Lesson?

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 19:40:42 -0700 (PDT)

Lojbanists,

it was decided at Logfest that Lojbab would write the Overview and
Linguistic Issues parts of the Level 0 package into one paper. (Lojbab,
this constitutes your weekly reminder.) What wasn't really resolved per se
was what to do with the Diagrammed Summary and the Mini-Lesson.

The Diagrammed Summary are good, in the opinion of the geekier (including
myself, Mark, and I believe others, all of whom learned Lojban from it.)

The Diagrammed Summary and/or the Overview was not paedagogical enough,
which is why the Mini-Lesson was written.

The Mini-Lesson, *I* think, is not substantially lighter in tone than the
Diagrammed Summary.

The Mini-Lesson and the Diagrammed Summary overlap overwhelmingly in
content; it would be untenable to have both in the same package.

My current plan, therefore, is to simply add exercises to the Diagrammed
Summary, but otherwise leave it as is.

Could people please look at both and tell me what they think?

http://www.lojban.org/files/brochures/minilsn.html
http://www.opoudjis.net/lojbanbrochure/diagsumm.html

(Damn, two days and Wiki is already affecting the way I write email; I was
going to start inserting parenthetical notes in italics any minute now.
Damn you, Ward Cunningham! :-)

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing {le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri danlu}
[email-masked] -- Miguel Cervantes tr. Jorge LLambias