Subject: RE: CHAT: RE: [lojban] On a number of parts of threads and single threads disguised as several

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 03:09:29 +0100

Robin:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 01:56:50AM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> > And what is Eternal September? -- from the name alone, I'd guess a
> > terrorist outfit operating out of Pyongyang.[*]
> 
> It used to be that the internet got Noticeably Less Clueful in September
> as all the freshmen got accounts.
> 
> Eternal September was declared some time in 1994.

Certainly when the WWW took off in 1993 or so the net population began
to soar, but where there was once a wildnerness there is now a great
city. Five years ago I despaired at how unrealized the potential of
the web was -- how little of the information one wished for one could
actually find -- but now it's steadily getting closer to what it
should be. I speak as something of a technological muggle, mind you;
I'm about as much of a net oldtimer as a 34 year-old can be, but 
tho at least a quondam Unicist, I never was very clueful.

--And.