Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: soi vo'a and embedded bridi

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 23:30:06 -0400

At 06:13 AM 8/4/01 -0700, Nick NICHOLAS wrote:
> > 2. Can one say "I saw Bob hit Dave and vice versa" with "soi"?
>
>Yes, but no longer with vo'a: mi viska lenu la bob. darxi la deiv. soi la
>bob. (or: soi le nei, or: soi ra [and pray], or: soi ri xi re)

soi ri, I think, since soi is attached to la deiv. (I'm willing to be 
proven wrong on this if the book says otherwise, but failing that, I would 
treat free modifiers attached to a sumti as if they were a kind of relative 
clauses or phrase (and indeed they are, since the soi X could be replaced 
by a noi bridi) and use ke'a to refer to the sumti they are attached to. 
(Free mods can attach to other things of course.))

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org