Subject: RE: [lojban] {kai'i}

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:08:23

la and cusku di'e

> > >I first propose a NU, {kai'i}, meaning "ckaji (be le ka)".
> >
> > Isn't that {seka}?
>
>{ka} doesn't have an x2.

You're right!

>I once swore blind that I had a ma'oste
>showing that it did, much to Lojbab's consternation, first,
>and to my embarrassment, later, when I checked and found I had
>misremembered.

I was convinced that it had one too. In any case, {seka} will parse,
and it has an obvious meaning, considering ka-ckaji.

>Before proposing {kai'i} I had thought of proposing that {ka}
>be given an x2, but I see no reason for the x1, since the x1
>is the same as what's contained in the ka bridi.

Much like du'u. Syntactically they're not quite the same though,
one is a sumti and the other a bridi.

>Proposing
>{kai'i} seems more consistent with the baseline and with
>desirable place structures.

Much less likely to be used, though. I like the possibility
of things like {le seka mi djuno le du'u ce'u klama} instead
of {ko'a voi mi djuno le du'u ke'a klama}. Very nice!

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp