Subject: Re: [lojban] Whatever

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 22:28:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/2001 8:01:30 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> >Nor are
> >sentences after {ju} thereby tautologies. They act like tautolgies in
> >conjunctions, to be sure -- but they equally act like contradictions in
> >disjunctions.
> 
> Could you give an example? I don't understand what the things
> that act like contradictions in disjunctions are.
> 
They are false. so the whole disjunctions truth value depends on the value 
of the other disjunct -- just as a tautology (or a true sentence, for that 
matter) throws the truth of a conjunction on the other conjunct.

<How can we say, for example, what we want to understand by:

        e'a do lebna makau
        Permission! Whatever you take.>
On the off chance that this is meant to mean something like "I hereby give 
you permission to take whatever you take" (and I am obviously not at all sure 
that is what either you or the sentence means) : {ro da poi se lebna do zo'u 
e'a do lebna da} tidying up takes us too deep into permission logic to mess 
with at the moment.