Subject: Lessons Updated

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 05:07:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have just updated the lessons, finishing my iteration through the
lessons involving adding exercises (and to a lesser extent, examples.) The
paperback version of the text currently takes up 288 pages.

I received today in the mail Prof. Papathomopoulos' draft of his new
edition of _The Entertaining Tale of Quadrupeds_. This does not mean much
to you. It will now, because it means I have now run out of Lojban time,
as forewarned: my other projects will now have to take priority.

Lojban work (and the need to stay on PC rather than bugger up my newlines
again by going to Mac) has meant I've been working 8 PM to 4 AM, +/- 3
hrs, at work for the past month. I'm rather looking forward to working on
a Mac at home again. :-)

This does not mean I am giving up on the editing of the documents. I
cannot, in any case, as Nora and Shawn's comments on the lessons are still
pending, and I am pledged extensive revisions to the other document by its
new co-editor. It does mean, however, that Lojban work can no longer
constitute my non-work-time primary activity for the remainder of my time
in the States, or likely for a while after it. So updates will slow down
significantly.

I am resigning my job end of October, and returning to Australia; what
I'll be doing there, I am yet to work out. Whether
I will make it one last time to the East Coast before departing, I do not
yet know; it's starting to look doubtful. In any case, I will be seeing a
little less of you from now on.

.i mi pu je ca jgira lenu cmima sa'enaipe'i ga'inai lo cecmu be loi darlu
je tolsarxe jeke ku'i xaurfinti je jai camcinri mitselbau .i mi pacna gi'e
ca ka'e lacri lenu lema'a bangu cu se tcini lo xamgu je ji'a zenba .i mi
ckire ro do lenu do sidju mi lenu mi ca'o zukte lemi se bilga .i se bilga
be mi gi'e ku'i se jitro be do noi .a'o se xamgu tu'a vo'a

.i sinma rinsa fe'o mi'e .nitcion.

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing {le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri danlu}
[email-masked] -- Miguel Cervantes tr. Jorge LLambias