Subject: Re: [lojban] Format for Lojban definitions of Lojban brivla

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:12:00 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> I propose that when defining a brivla in Lojban, ko'a, ko'e, ... be used for
> the terbri, and da, de, di be used for variables internal to the definition.
> If the first pro-sumti is omitted, it is assumed to be ko'a. For example:
>
> mudri: marji lo stani be lo tricu be ko'e
> panzi: da tsiju ko'e ko'a

That mostly makes sense. Depending on the number of definitions which
require more than da de di, it might be better to just use daxiPA or fo'V
series for all definitions instead of switching about. (Thats a minor
detail, though).

I do have a problem with leaving out initial "ko'a", though. That could
likely get confusing quickly, and dictionaries shouldn't really leave
anything out.

p.s.-
Anyone producing such definitions, please either place them somewhere
in the wiki, or send them to me. I'm preparing a list of what few Lojban
definitions I've found for eventual inclusion in jbovlaste. (I've also
converted the Spanish gismu list to UTF8 and formatted it properly for
inclusion. I hope to have an incomplete PDF Lojban<->Spanish dictionary
available this evening. Probably also a pure Lojban dictionary with the
handful of words I have definitions for.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>