Subject: Tengwar modes

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 20:53:42 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I'm now going home. Those of you that are interested in Tengwar,
though, check out

http://www.opoudjis.net/dist/lojbanmodes.zip

These are Tengwar modes, intended for use with the PC program _The Tengwar
Scribe_ (http://user.tninet.se/~xof995c/tengscribe.htm), used for mapping
ASCII to Tengwar. The four modes included are:

lojban.mod: Eric Raymond's (available from the site)
lojban.elron.1.1.mod: My version of Elron's simple mode
lojban.elron.3.mod: My version of Elron's preferred mode (with matres
lectionis)
lojban.nick.mod: My own mode, based on Elron's simple mode, but with the
change to apostrophes just mentioned.

The program is slow and PC-specific; had I time, I'd write a Perl script,
to enable the two Unicode outputs. But I don't. (Not right now, anwyay.
And I know full well an IPA-to-Lojban scheme is much more pressing than
this...)

Feel free to edit the modes and let me know, if you think I've
misconstrued something. Elron, that means you. :-) The treatment of
capitalisation is still Eric's; the program in question is not stateful
enough to do much better. With the flipped s Elron uses, the diacritics
for s will probably have to shift to the right.

I owe some responses here, but not tonight I'm afraid. It'll be good to
see my house before 4 AM! :-)

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing {le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri danlu}
[email-masked] -- Miguel Cervantes tr. Jorge LLambias