Subject: RE: [lojban] RE: Re: Well I guess you do learn something new every day...

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:34:54 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:

> >So, the way consensus is set is by the sort of debates Jorge, pc, Xod,
> >me, et al. have been having of late.
>
> "Consensus" that is not followed by usage matching that consensus is
> meaningless. It'll just be forgotten only to have the issue reappear the
> next time someone asks the question. Even the creation of "records" does
> not stop the so-called consensus issues from cropping up again and
again,
> and I don't think the wiki will change this - at least the Lojban List
> archives are searchable now.

And one can find all kinds of amusing things by searching it.

For instance, a thread which looks disturbingly like a number of the
recent ones is:

http://balance.wiw.org/~jkominek/lojban/9602/msg00003.html

Even some of the same participants!

I find it depressingly amusing (.u'i.uinai) that the same points are being
discussed by the same people, five and a half years later.

I suppose it would be too much to hope that people interested in debating
the merits of using Lojban as a developmental toy could go back through
the archives and live vicariously though their old emails?

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose