Subject: New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:55:30 -0000

Hello all,

For the last two months have been joyfully reading over the 
lojban materials that are available over the internet (including the 
pretty tengwar script) and I've been preparing myself for actual, 
systematic study of the language. But, at the same time, I've also 
been fooling around with Esperanto, so I have a few questions to help 
me to decide which constructed language to buckle down with for 
awhile:

Can anyone share there stories of learning Lojban, how far they are 
at, and how they enjoy it?

Does any one have any good suggestions for how best to study it? 
I've already gone through most of the basic grammar stuff, it's more 
an issue of learning vocabulary.

Does anyone know how to get up-to-date lessons and documents, since 
the official webpage hasn't been updated in a year?

What is the state of Lojbanistan? How many people, and fluent 
speakers, are people happy speaking it?

Thank you so much for working so hard on such a neat project!

Jeremy Louzao