Subject: negating connectives

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 15:58:44 +0100

As per standard logic, negating a connective reverses its truth table. E.g.

E na E
T T : T F
T F : F T
F T : F T
F F : F T

My question is, firstly:
How do we negate a connective so as to mean "this connective yields a
false/wrong truth table, but its truth-reversal does not necessarily yield a
true/correct truth table"?
For example, if I know that p iff q, I would like to be able to somehow say
that I know that it is false/wrong that p and q.

And secondly:
In asking the first question, am I falling victim to the fallacy of
construing connectives as possible-worlds operators, so that the answer
to my question needs to be sought amid the logic of possible-world
operators rather than the logic of connectives?

--And.