Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:58:31 -0700

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 05:46:20PM -0500, Steven Fodstad wrote:
> I started to keep a journal in Lojban, but it's been slow going because 
> a) I've never written a journal before, b)I have an extremely small 
> vocabulary, and c) I am learning to use Emacs at the same time.(Thank 
> you, Gnu people, for the Alt+1,Alt+Shift+1 shortcut)
> 
> As an aside--in the previous paragraph, I explicitly numbered the items. 
> Is there a similar facility in Lojban?

One way to do it:

mo'o MAI section ordinal
higher-order utterance ordinal suffix; converts a
number to ordinal, usually a section/chapter

There are others.

> You could try my method--start a journal. There's IRC(I can't connect 
> to EFNet because Identd doesn't work on my machine), 

We're not on efnet.[1]

-Robin
[1]: Being deliberately unhelpful because no-one will use the IRC server _he_
set up which would handle these sorts of problems. 8P

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/