Subject: Voice chat? [was Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?]

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:00:12 -0700

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 02:54:35PM +0200, Arnt Richard Johansen wrote:
> To me, the biggest drawback with Lojban is the number of people who
> are speaking it. It is actually true that I have never had a verbal
> conversation in Lojban with anyone, ever. Most probably, I am the only
> one in Norway who knows Lojban, and there are no one that I know of in
> the rest of Scandinavia either. The Internet is, for the time being,
> the only place I can meet fellow Lojbanists.

That reminds me:

What does everyone think of the idea of using a group voice chat system
(GameVoice, RogerWilco, etc, etc) to have regular lojban _voice_ chats
over the internet?

I personally think it's a _great_ idea.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/