Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:18:57 -0700

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:55:30PM -0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> Can anyone share there stories of learning Lojban, how far they are
> at, and how they enjoy it?

Apparently I'm pretty good, or so Nick says. 8)

I love it. I have a vocab of about 400 words, which I attribute
entirely to the emacs flashcard program which I will post soon.

> Does any one have any good suggestions for how best to study it? 

See above. LogFlash is the other one. The advantage with it is when
you're done, you know _all_ the words in a fairly indelible fashion.
The disadvantage is that it takes ages before you know any of them,
because it gives you them all at once. Not what I want.

> Does anyone know how to get up-to-date lessons and documents, since 
> the official webpage hasn't been updated in a year?

Nick's lessons rock.
http://www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis/lojbanbrochure/lessons/

I will hopefully be getting control of lojban.org shortly, and then
updates Will Happen.

Oh yes, my pretties, they Will Happen. <cackle>

> What is the state of Lojbanistan? How many people, 

~200 

> and fluent speakers, 

~4.

> are people happy speaking it?

I am, when I'm able.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/