Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 15:00:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 05:46:20PM -0500, Steven Fodstad wrote:
> > I started to keep a journal in Lojban, but it's been slow going because
> > a) I've never written a journal before, b)I have an extremely small
> > vocabulary, and c) I am learning to use Emacs at the same time.(Thank
> > you, Gnu people, for the Alt+1,Alt+Shift+1 shortcut)
> >
> > As an aside--in the previous paragraph, I explicitly numbered the items.
> > Is there a similar facility in Lojban?
>
> One way to do it:
>
> mo'o MAI section ordinal
> higher-order utterance ordinal suffix; converts a
> number to ordinal, usually a section/chapter
>
> There are others.

For such a bullet list, mai is preferred:

mai MAI sentence ordinal

utterance ordinal suffix; converts a number to an ordinal, such as an item
or paragraph number

> > You could try my method--start a journal. There's IRC(I can't connect
> > to EFNet because Identd doesn't work on my machine),
>
> We're not on efnet.[1]
>
> -Robin
> [1]: Being deliberately unhelpful because no-one will use the IRC server _he_
> set up which would handle these sorts of problems. 8P

I appreciate your effort and remained exclusively on your server until I
realized that nobody else had moved over. I think everybody should be
using digitalkingdom and not openprojects, because openprojects splits.
Duh! Why would anybody keep using it? And no, we DON'T need two channels.

-----
"I have never been active in politics or in any act against occupation,
but the way the soldiers killed Mizyed has filled me with hatred and
anger. Now I'm ready to carry out a suicide attack inside Israel,"
one of the witnesses said.