Subject: Re: Voice chat? [was Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?]

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 15:20:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 02:54:35PM +0200, Arnt Richard Johansen wrote:
> > To me, the biggest drawback with Lojban is the number of people who
> > are speaking it. It is actually true that I have never had a verbal
> > conversation in Lojban with anyone, ever. Most probably, I am the only
> > one in Norway who knows Lojban, and there are no one that I know of in
> > the rest of Scandinavia either. The Internet is, for the time being,
> > the only place I can meet fellow Lojbanists.
>
> That reminds me:
>
> What does everyone think of the idea of using a group voice chat system
> (GameVoice, RogerWilco, etc, etc) to have regular lojban _voice_ chats
> over the internet?
>
> I personally think it's a _great_ idea.

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading Arnt's complaint. Let's
do it! Which system should we use? I have no clue myself. I hear dialpad
charges $ now, and I don't think it ever ran on linux.

-----
"I have never been active in politics or in any act against occupation,
but the way the soldiers killed Mizyed has filled me with hatred and
anger. Now I'm ready to carry out a suicide attack inside Israel,"
one of the witnesses said.