Subject: Re: Voice chat? [was Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?]

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:06:13 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> That reminds me:
>
> What does everyone think of the idea of using a group voice chat system
> (GameVoice, RogerWilco, etc, etc) to have regular lojban _voice_ chats
> over the internet?
>
> I personally think it's a _great_ idea.

Its a wonderful idea.

However, it seems like it would be even harder to arrange than regularly
scheduled IRC sessions, or even picking a single place to IRC, none of
which we've accomplished.

FWIW, SpeakFreely has a conference mode, is free, works well, etc, etc.
Multiplatform even. (And here I was thinking it was Unix-only...)

I wonder if it would be possible to get SpeakFreely to record the calls.
Assuming the participants didn't mind, that would be a good way to
accumulate recordings of Lojban.

(Guess I ought to dig out and glue my microphone back together...)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose