Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:18:56 -0700

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 12:30:11PM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> In a message dated 8/13/2001 11:05:16 AM Central Daylight Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
> 
> 
> > Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > > Dude, it's a _DOS_ program. In a highly proprietary form of
> > > _pascal_. It's completely useless to a number of people on this
> > > list, including me.
> > 
> > 
> > Consider FreeDOS. Or consider FreePC. Or consider GNUPC.
> > 
> > *sigh*. This is getting to be a FMC (Frequently Made Complaint). I
> > may have to try getting FPC working and trying to compile LogFlash
> > on Linux.
> > 
> 
> Or invite the cultist snobs to join the real world of the other 90+%
> of computer users. While they are at it, they might convert some of
> the mass of supposedly wonderful stuff they hoard off in their dens to
> be useful for the rest of us.

PC, don't be an asshole. I use what's best for me. In fact, my primary
machine at home is a Win98 box. I want to do my lojban flashcarding on
a unix machine because that way I can leave work and go home and not
interrupt my session.

And many of the programs I run on my linux box are physically impossible
on a Win* box. The OS doesn't support the functionality.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/