Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:04:04 -0700

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 02:57:42PM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> In a message dated 8/13/2001 12:21:45 PM Central Daylight Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
> 
> 
> > PC, don't be an asshole. I use what's best for me. In fact, my primary
> > machine at home is a Win98 box. I want to do my lojban flashcarding on
> > a unix machine because that way I can leave work and go home and not
> > interrupt my session.
> > 
> > And many of the programs I run on my linux box are physically impossible
> > on a Win* box. The OS doesn't support the functionality.
> > 
> 
> Fine. But don't take a superior attitude towards those of us who use what is 
> best (all things considered) for us 

When have I _EVER_ done that?

I've bent over _backwards_ to accomodate Windows users in everything
I've done for this project, and you accuse _ME_ of taking a superior
attitude?

This is like the 4th time you've pulled this bullshit with me.

Either back up your statements or

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

> or complain because the world has not produced a particular toy for
> your favorite private use. 

I wasn't complaining. I don't use Logflash, remember? I was pointing
out that a program in an obscure dialect of an obscure language on a 20
year old OS that is no longer updated or supported is _not_ a generally
available program.

> Your final claim is interesting. Since it is prima facie unlikely is
> there there real evidence (beyond "I don't know how to do it") for it.

You find me a way to get setuid() working on Windows. Better minds than
both of ours have been trying it for over a decade.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about, PC, and every
conversation we've had about computer programming and computer issues
has proven that. Until you've programmed in both Windows _and_ at least
one UNIX, I have no interest in listening any further to your rantings
on the topic.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/