Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:04:10 -0400

Robin Lee Powell wrote:

>>Or consider FreePC. Or consider GNUPC.
> 
> Never heard of them. What are they?

Pascal compilers. FreePC (www.freepascal.org) specializes in Borland
Pascal compatibility for i386 and 680x0 architectures; GNU PC
(http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/) works over a larger
range of Pascals and machines.

> Besides, I'm not just talking about Linux users.
> 
> I'm also talking about Win2k and NT users (whom I'm fairly certain won't
> be able to run it, but I haven't tested)

I routinely run DOS programs on Windows NT, including graphic ones.
I can't see LogFlash as a problem: it is a very vanilla program from
the viewpoint of system services.

> and Mac users.

If GNU C can produce executables for a platform, so can GNU Pascal.

-- 
There is / one art || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
no more / no less || http://www.reutershealth.com
to do / all things || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
with art- / lessness \\ -- Piet Hein