Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:14:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 [email-masked] wrote:

> > And many of the programs I run on my linux box are physically impossible
> > on a Win* box. The OS doesn't support the functionality.
>
> Your final claim is interesting. Since it is prima facie unlikely is there
> there real evidence (beyond "I don't know how to do it") for it.

Oh. Thats rich.

Using AOL (oh, and programming in, what, Fortran 40 years ago? I forget,
and can't find, your exact claim), does not exactly equip you to be a
competent judge of what features of Unix (an operating system you've never
programmed anything on. If I'm wrong, please, correct me rudely.), can or
cannot be made to exist on Windows (an operating system you've never
programmed anything on. If I'm wrong, please, correct me rudely.).

I've seen references to the fact that you're an academic of some sort.
Tell me, what happens to someone who starts publishing papers with wild
claims outside their field of expertise?

> Fine. But don't take a superior attitude towards those of us who use whatis
> best (all things considered) for us or complain because the world has not
> produced a particular toy for your favorite private use.

You started this thread.

You started the name calling. (Which it seems, everyone else has had the
decency not to continue.)

You started with the irrationality.

How about you give it a rest, and then maybe you'd be a position to be
making polite requests, hm?

> Sorry for using your questions as a background for one of the older
> flame wars on this list. Things do move from their centers here, as you
> may have noticed (and those true believers are *so* touchy).

If you're sorry, WHY'D YOU START THIS?

Does it drive you into such a rage to see people who use things besides
Windows that you start doing things against your better judgement?

You're stuck using a piece of software which, statistically, crashes once
a day. Likely while you're trying to do something useful with it.

And you think you're somehow on top of the world.

My mind boggles.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose