Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: (C)V'{i|u}V

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:21:46 +0100

coi djan. pu danfu ki'e

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 07:52:48AM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> 
> > In all cases, a comma between vowels must effectively
> > be discarded prior to legality checking and word type determination.
> 
> Yes: commas never make a difference.
> 
> > At the moment, I think jbofihe/vlatai ignore commas appearing between
> > vowels and consonants. Is that the correct handling?
> 
> Yes, and likewise between two consonants ("bang,r,blgaria", e.g.).
> 

And just to verify 3 more corner cases relating to commas ...

1. How is more than one comma in a row treated? Is it equivalent to 1
comma, or illegal?

2. How is a comma at the start of a word treated? Is it ignored, or
illegal?

3. How is a comma at the end of a word treated? Ignored or illegal?
(Presumably the same answer as 2.)

> > The algorithm in jbofihe/vlatai v0.37 is inconsistent with John's other mail
> > about "ci,e", since it treats this as a cmavo. Once the handling of
> > commas is agreed, I'll generate a patch to fix this.
> 
> Yes, that's definitely an error.

A fix will come soon. I think I understand the required behaviour (at
last) apart from the above issue (and the point you re-directed to
Lojbab.)

mu'o mi'e ritcrd.

-- 
R.P.Curnow,Weston-super-Mare,UK |lo samskiro'a cu simsa lo'e glefau
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ |isa'e le xamgu cu tcetcexau ije
[email-masked] |le xlali cu xagmau lenu nomei