Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: Steven Fodstad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:07:35 -0500

Xod wrote:
>>There is a conflict going on over whether it is better for a society
>>to use governmental coercion to preserve private corporations'
>>monopoly or quasi-monopolistic power in this particular industry or
>>whether a society should favor freedom in this industry. The conflict
>>is inescapable (although I can assure you, most people I know want to
>>escape it).
>>

> Now THAT is a paragraph I really want to see in Lojban.

Now, I'm just a newbie, but I'll try my hand at it:

ca co'a zasti fa le da'asnu be ga le nu lo cecmu cu pilno lo jecta sidju 
le du'u le sivnu bo kagni vlipa ku cu sidju stali ra'a le gundi gi le nu 
lo cecmu cu djica cuxna le si'o selzi'e kei ra'a le gundi .i le no'i 
da'asnu cu na cumki rivbi to ku'i ju'oru'e le so'e prenu poi mi djuno 
ke'a cu rivbi le go'i toi

So how'd I do? Lots of tanru--which probably isn't a good idea. I also 
used some grammar I'm not sure is permissible. mu'a the "na" in "na 
cumki rivbi" which is intended to mean "is not-possible escape" just in 
case I screwed up.