Subject: Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:58:15 -0400

At 04:03 PM 8/13/01 +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
>la lojbab cusku di'e
> >There are also close to 250
> >people subscribed to this list, and I'm sure not all of them have bought
> >the reference grammar.
>
>I wonder how many actual people those 250 addresses
>represent.

I've made an effort to estimate this a couple of times, and I have the 
historical basis of the old listserv version of Lojban List, where people 
gave a first and last name when they signed up. Probably around 10% of the 
list membership is dual subscriptions for people, sometimes where this is 
done intentionally.

There are a lot of lurkers out there. But what is noteworthy is that so 
many of the subscribers are serious enough that I don't see a flood of 
unsubscriptions when we have a volume peak like we are currently 
experiencing. A certain Thanksgiving weekend back in 1995 or 1996 when 250 
messages were posted resulted in something like 20% of the list at that 
time unsubscribing.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org