Subject: Re: [lojban] du, speed, units

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:48:45

la pier cusku di'e

>trepabysnidu

I can't help thinking that's a kind of snidu, which
is all wrong for meters per second. m/s is rather a kind of
meters (the meters covered each second).

I prefer something like:

ze'a ro cacra le karce cu ki'otre li panono le ni litru
During each hour, the car is 100 km in amount of travel.

Which could then be tanruized as:

le karce ca'o rolcacra ki'otre li panono
The car is doing 100 "each-hour type of kilometers".

I would not go to a lujvo from there, so as to keep the rol-
units separate from the rest.

So, {rolsnidu mitre} would be "meters per second".

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp