Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban on UNIX vs. Windowssuggestions?)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:54:24 -0700

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 09:43:33PM +0100, Jim Peters wrote:
> James F. Carter wrote:
> > It would be best if all the good software for Windows could also run on
> > UNIX. (To really do this, check out "vmware". You need a legal copy of
> > Windows.) 
> 
> My preference for running Windows on top of Linux is Win4Lin - I
> haven't gone back to VMWare since buying it. Only certain versions of
> Windows are supported (I'm using Windows 98SE), but it really is easy
> and trouble-free, and it runs at close to full native speed (or
> faster!). DirectX is not supported, but nothing I run needs it, so no
> big deal. 

I'm not aware of anything I need to run on my Windows box that _doesn't_
need DirectX.

Of course, my Windows box was _specifically_ bought for games... 8)

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/