Subject: Re: [lojban] ma smuni zo senva

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:46:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Cyril Slobin wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Cyril Slobin wrote:
>
> > > senva seems to mean that the person is visualizing or imaging things which
> > > aren't happening, and possibly couldn't.
> >
> > A person can vizualize something he fears and wishes not to happen (both
> > asleep and in a daydream). By your opinion, is this still {senva}?
>
> Eg is nightmare a {senva} too?

IMO, day dreams, nightmares, good dreams are all cases of senva. Hoping
that you get into graduate school isn't senva. Sitting around in class and
thinking about how neat it would be to be to have a graduate degree, such
that you're unaware of the professor lecturing, is senva.

However, I would form some sort lujvo for all of them, and use the
appropriate lujvo instead of senva directly, as it seems to be a gismu
which is fairly vague and best left to lujvo/tanru construction.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose