Subject: Re: [lojban] Second session on Record: anaphora

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:43:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/2001 8:17:23 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> > {no'a [xiPA]} This repeats the bridi PA levels up from the place where it
> > occurs. The default {no'a} = {no'axipa} the bridi in which the 
> occurrence is
> > immediately nested. The topmost bridi in the nesting chain (the one to 
> whose
> > sumti {vo'V} refer) is always reachable as {no'axiro}.
> 
> ADD:
> 
> One level down from {no'a xi ro} is {no'a xi da'a}, two levels down
> is {no'a xi da'a re}, etc.
> 

I'm not so sure about this addition. I think counting in one way is more 
than confusing enough (though it may be that counting down from the top is 
easier than up from the bottom). The Book nor usage seem to exclude this but 
I don't want to put it in as recommended or the result of this discussion.