Subject: Literal and Metaphor (was: pages)

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:53:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Nick NICHOLAS wrote:

>
> cu'u la pier.
>
> >The definition of "cukta" does not say that it has to consist of pages. It
> >does have to contain a work by an author. So it seems to me that a Web site
> >is a cukta, but the Web is a library. How about balckusro?
>
> More to the point, perhaps, a book is a unitary entity, and the Web is
> anything but.

The Bible was written by many authors spanning centuries, yet we think of
it as a whole because it's all bound in one cover. If an encyclopedia is a
cukta, so is the web.

More generally, how far can we get if we insist upon the most restrictive
interpretations possible? That's all good in English, with zillions of
words and more each year. In Lojban we only have a handful of gismu, and
we have to squeeze an awful lot of mileage out of them!

The x3 place means to me that somebody (presumably a prenu?) must have
authored the cukta, as opposed to, perhaps, calling a cloud or a string of
DNA a cukta. Still, since it didn't SAY x3 had to be a prenu, I can stick
"nature" or "randomness" in there. A cukta is absolutely anything when I
consider it from the cukta perspective, sticking credible values, or zi'o,
into the places.

You have left California without partaking in its hallucinogens.

-----
"I have never been active in politics or in any act against occupation,
but the way the soldiers killed Mizyed has filled me with hatred and
anger. Now I'm ready to carry out a suicide attack inside Israel,"
one of the witnesses said.