Subject: Re: [lojban] epistemology sumti

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:29:24 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Invent Yourself wrote:

> > Many gismu (and some cmavo) have places for epistemologies. Yet, I can't
> > recall ever reading something where there was a value besides the implicit
> > zo'e being the epistemology.
> >
> > So, I'm wondering, what do epistemology sumti look like?
>
> Think of it like a belief system. It is a black box that tells you whether
> a given fact is true or false.

I understand what an epistemology is. :)

I just not sure how to construct a sumti appropriate to act as an
epistemology. I'd imagine that if I were forced to produce right one now I
couldn't be any more articulate than tu'a + something else relevent.
(Like, {tu'a mi} for "my beliefs" or "according to me")

> It's nice because it doesn't have a quick and simple English gloss.

If thats another way of saying "this should be explained in Lojban", then,
by all means, I'm listening. :)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose