Subject: Re: [lojban] Retraction &c, Part 2

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 17:04:14 -0400 (EDT)

Nick Nicholas scripsit:

> 1mai: my understanding is that there exist transformations forming
> unprenexed from prenexed sentences. Furthermore, all sumti in Lojban have
> default quantifiers. Thus, Lojban sentences do all have unambiguously
> recoverable prenexed forms. 

I think that is clearly correct.

> It is possible that I am being petty in a lot of this. It is hard for me to
> be humble, harder for me to admit I'm wrong, and hardest of all, I've now
> learned, to realise that I may still think I'm right, but that doesn't mean
> I'm going to have my way.

Since I have heard these self-same remarks from another member of the
community, I hereby dub this the "Lojbab Lesson".

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
Please leave your values | Check your assumptions. In fact,
at the front desk. | check your assumptions at the door.
--sign in Paris hotel | --Miles Vorkosigan