Subject: Re: [lojban] Toward a {ce'u} recordt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 18:15:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/2001 4:09:00 PM Central Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
writes:

> > Would ce'uxipa and ce'uxire apply to two sumti such that the property is a 
> > relationship between them, or would they apply to different levels of 
> nested 
> > ka?
> 
> I think the latter works for ke'a, but not for ce'u, except perhaps for a
> coreference to an upper-level ka, and in that case, which ce'u (if there is
> more than one) is meant?
> 

Yuck, ptui! Thinking of nested {ka}-phrases. I suppose it has to be done, 
but still...
I hadn't in fact thought of it nor do I think that in the long run the 
nesting is going to make a major difference (I have to runs some lambdas 
through to check, but the whole seem to be extensional). What I intended -- 
and still would, were we to use this system (which we are not) -- was that 
the numbers would be assigned in strict left to right order (levels thus 
ignored) and actually written out only when coreferencing was required : le 
ka ce'u frica ce'u leka ce'uxino zmadu ce'uxipa. (dumnb example, but what do 
you want?)