Subject: RE: [lojban] ... On second thought

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:01:44 -0700 (PDT)

cu'u la kreig.

>>Or do Americans prounounce Carl as two syllables after all? Go on,
>>surprise me...

>I have a sneaking suspicion you're British.

(Woah, a Lojbanist who doesn't know all about me! I guess it really isn't
all about me!) Australian, residing in California for the past 2 and 1/2
years; have started pronouncing my r's (which is one of the main reasons
it's time I left :-) ), but still I admit to never having heard
"Kahrull" for "Carl".

>There is no one way to pronounce anything in america, anymore than in
>britain. There are many, and quite varied accents.

Which is why I'm asking. (The variation in Australia, on the other hand,
is very rarely regional; it's usually class-based.) I had noticed you sign
yourself as "daniyl", but I couldn't draw any firm conclusions from it.

OK, then {kar,l} for "Carl" stays...

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing {le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri danlu}
[email-masked] -- Miguel Cervantes tr. Jorge LLambias